We are looking for an experienced, highly energised and motivated individual to join FSCS as a Customer Appeals Expert. The ideal candidate will be obsessed with delivering a great service for our customers which supports them throughout their journey with FSCS.
The successful applicant will be part of the team responding to appeals from Customers who are dissatisfied with the decision on their claim, where further questions or queries have been raised or when new evidence is provided. You will handle these appeals in an appropriate and timely manner with high levels of customer focus and empathy, whilst adhering to the rules and regulations of the scheme.
You will provide qualitative feedback and help identify ways to reduce complaints and appeals by demonstrating an investigatory mind set, working collaboratively across the business, to investigate issues and communicate themes and learnings to improve the Customer Experience
FSCS is a long-established organisation with an enviable reputation for quality and success. We protect consumers when financial services firms fail. It’s the compensation scheme for customers of UK authorised financial services firms. Since 2001 we’ve helped millions of people and paid out billions of pounds. It’s completely free to consumers and independent of government and the financial industry.
At FSCS we recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution and actively support personal and professional development. Our people make a difference to other people’s lives and we like to recognise their impact through social events, team lunches and away days, fund raising activities and giving back events.
We are committed to ensuring that there are no barriers when applying for our roles. All our roles are offered with flexibility in mind plus we are keen to make any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fulfil the role. We offer all roles as either part time or full time with the added benefit of flexible working. We practice award winning diversity and inclusion and enhance both maternity and paternity leave plus recognise the wider needs of employees with disabilities and other groups such as carers and older workers.
FSCS is non-profit and independent and a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference to people’s lives.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do at FSCS. Our values are designed to ensure that all staff can affect the impact on our customers:
- We always do what we say we will do. People can trust us to deliver.
- We put FSCS and what FSCS is trying to achieve above all else.
- We have the humility to acknowledge when we are wrong and learn from our mistakes.
- We encourage constructive and appropriate challenge.
- We are brave and honest in questioning each other and receptive to questions ourselves.
- We strive daily to add greater value for all our customers.
- We believe in our collective strength. We work better together.
- We respect each other’s expertise and use it to achieve common goals.
- We work as one to do what we agree is right
What the role will deliver
- Case management of decision appeals, focusing on the right customer outcome whilst adhering to Scheme regulations and rules and managing reputation and regulatory risk at all times.
- Communicate your appeal decision clearly and with empathy, demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication skills at all times
- Communicate and build relationships with Partner colleagues to understand reasons for decisions and rejected initial appeals to ensure a consistent and fair decision is made.
- Provide trends in appeals and identify areas of poor service, feeding these back into the Scheme to improve future customer experience.
- Consistently meet individual and team performance targets for quality and productivity.
- Build strong relationships with internal colleagues across the scheme, using all available resources, to accurately resolve appeals.
- Identify issues requiring legal input and consult with internal solicitors to resolve appeals to protect Scheme reputation.
- Provide constructive feedback to management and actively contribute in team meetings, sharing best practice with colleagues
- Handle customer complaints when necessary.
We have a generous benefits package offering a competitive salary, 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, contributory pension, discretionary bonus, 20 weeks fully paid maternity and paternity leave, health and dental insurance and more. We are based in the City of London in corporate offices with excellent access to major transport links.