Claims Specialist - Insurance
This role is responsible for the delivery of technical advice to suppliers and other parties handling claims on our behalf. The role will lead on the provision of Insurance services; ensuring Insurance compensation is delivered within agreed SLAs. The role will be responsible for the governance of Estates, working with Insolvency Practitioners, run off agents and other suppliers and ensuring effective supplier performance through audit activity.
Who we are
At FSCS we keep people’s lives moving by protecting them when authorised financial services firms fail. We are the single, independent UK compensation scheme for all regulated financial services, the first of its kind in the world. The Scheme protects deposits in banks, building societies and credit unions as well as insurance policies, investment advice and services and home finance. We are non-profit and independent and a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference to people's lives.
At FSCS we recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution and actively support personal and professional development. Our people make a difference to other people’s lives and we like to recognise their impact through social events, team lunches and away days, fund raising activities and giving back events.
We are committed to ensuring that everybody feels there are no barriers when applying for our roles. All our roles are offered with flexibility in mind plus we are keen to make any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fulfil the role. We offer all roles as either part time or full time with the added benefit of flexible working.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do at FSCS. Our values are designed to ensure that all staff are able to affect the impact on our customers:
· We always do what we say we will do. People can trust us to deliver.
· We put FSCS and what FSCS is trying to achieve above all else.
· We have the humility to acknowledge when we are wrong and learn from our mistakes.
· We encourage constructive and appropriate challenge.
· We are brave and honest in questioning each other and receptive to questions ourselves.
· We strive daily to add greater value for all our customers.
· We believe in our collective strength. We work better together.
· We respect each other’s expertise and use it to achieve common goals.
· We work as one to do what we agree is right.
What the role will deliver
- Insurance claims paid within required SLA’s - it is essential that you have current, multi-product insurance knowledge
- Accurate technical and process guidance provided to suppliers / Run off agents
- Effective training delivered to suppliers / Run off agents.
- Supplier assurance/audit reports.
- Value for money benefits delivered
Support suppliers/Run off agents
- Provide technical support and guidance to suppliers / Run off agents
- Effective training delivered to suppliers/Run Off Agents/Partner
- Keep process and training materials updated and accessible to users, maintaining security and version control
- Take responsibility for keeping suppliers / Run off agents up to date with process changes
- Ensure suppliers / Run off agents deliver in accordance with FSCS rules and policies; including visiting suppliers, conducting file audits, running surgeries, and delivering training
- Liaise with failed institutions, insolvency practitioners and other third parties enabling claims issues to be resolved effectively post declaration
Deliver Insurance Compensation
- Deliver compensation for General and Life Insurance through run off agents
- Working closely with other teams responsible for delivering process
- Working with third parties including PRA, Insolvency Practitioners and run off agents to assist FSCS readiness and to deliver Insurance processes effectively, including attendance at relevant creditor committees.
- Approval of valid payments on insurance claims within required SLAs.
- Correct insurance eligibility decisions made within SLA’s
- Accurate assessment of technical and process best practice in claims file reviews
- Ensuring appropriate governance for each Estate, to achieve required outcomes
- Ensuring Insurance process and controls agreed and effectively documented
- Audit approach effectively delivered and any action points tracked and followed up
- Manage the closure of estates, ensuring any FSCS follow on activity planned and delivered
What we are looking for
- Technical claims knowledge in Insurance provision
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the Insurance & claims process
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of FSCS rules, policies & processes
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of Deposits process
We have a generous benefits package offering a competitive salary, 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, pension, discretionary bonus, enhanced maternity and shared parental pay and leave, health and dental insurance and more. We are based in the City of London in corporate offices with excellent access to major transport links.