Customer Awareness & Insights Manager
This role will work in the marketing team and will be expected to get close to the customer through research and insights, then plan and deliver relevant, innovative and engaging campaigns, that cut across channels, driving awareness of the FSCS brand, our products and services.
Who we are
At FSCS we keep people’s lives moving by protecting them when authorised financial services firms fail. We are the single, independent UK compensation scheme for all regulated financial services, the first of its kind in the world. The Scheme protects deposits in banks, building societies and credit unions as well as insurance policies, investment advice and services and home finance. We are non-profit and independent and a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference to people's lives.
At FSCS we recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution and actively support personal and professional development. Our people make a difference to other people’s lives and we like to recognise their impact through social events, team lunches and away days, fund raising activities and giving back events.
We are committed to ensuring that everybody feels there are no barriers when applying for our roles. All our roles are offered with flexibility in mind plus we are keen to make any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fulfil the role. We offer all roles as either part time or full time with the added benefit of flexible working.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do at FSCS. Our values are designed to ensure that all staff are able to affect the impact on our customers:
- We always do what we say we will do. People can trust us to deliver.
- We put FSCS and what FSCS is trying to achieve above all else.
- We have the humility to acknowledge when we are wrong and learn from our mistakes.
- We encourage constructive and appropriate challenge.
- We are brave and honest in questioning each other and receptive to questions ourselves.
- We strive daily to add greater value for all our customers.
- We believe in our collective strength. We work better together.
- We respect each other’s expertise and use it to achieve common goals.
- We work as one to do what we agree is right
What the role will deliver
- Developing and delivering the awareness and brand strategy for FSCS, based on insights, data and aligned with the strategy for the 2020s.
- Defining both broadcast and targeted campaigns that drive awareness of FSCS using a broad range of relevant world class techniques and approaches.
- Work closely with external agencies and partners to leverage expertise and resources to deliver campaigns
- Defining and delivering the customer focused insights program end to end
- Planning and managing large budgets and ensuring the resources are fully utilized.
- Working closely with the team and across FSCS to ensure a coordinated approach to marketing campaigns that gets people excited
- Conceiving and coordinating marketing campaigns alongside internal and external partners
- Monthly reviews of all campaigns.
- Presenting to senior team monthly and executive team on a quarterly basis
- Market research and benchmarking of target markets, analysis of brand positioning and best practice across the industry
- Maximising the use of company CRM and other marketing assets such as digital and social media marketing
- Working part of a team of people who are customer obsessed
- Managing a small team in a diverse workplace that is going through an exciting transformation
- Being prepared to test, learn and continuously improve to get the best outcomes
What we are looking for
- You will have strong experience of developing and delivering an insights driven marketing strategy across multiple channels and agencies.
- You can demonstrate experience of planning and delivery of market research programmes and evaluation techniques
- You will have lots of practical experience of ATL and BTL marketing campaign development and management
- You will be a passionate and driven with up to date knowledge of cutting edge insights-based, customer focussed marketing techniques.
- Experience of developing and / or managing brands would be advantageous but not required
- You will have strong networking and influencing skills and have worked with a wide and diverse range of stakeholders
- You will have strong content, written communication and presentation skills
- You will be able to demonstrate analytics and analysis skills that drive action
- You will have experience managing teams
- Degree educated
- A passion for learning and developing yourself and your people
We have a generous benefits package offering a competitive salary, 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, contributory pension, discretionary bonus, 20 weeks fully paid maternity and paternity leave, health and dental insurance and more. We are based in the City of London in corporate offices with excellent access to major transport links.