We are recruiting a Front End Developer. This role is responsible for delivering high quality web-based business applications while following development best practices and security standards.
The role holder will be required to work closely with our suppliers and partners delivering solutions to meet the business needs. The ideal candidate will therefore require strong communication , planning and co-ordination skills.
FSCS is a long-established organisation with an enviable reputation for quality and success. We protect consumers when financial services firms fail. It’s the compensation scheme for customers of UK authorised financial services firms. Since 2001 we’ve helped millions of people and paid out billions of pounds. It’s completely free to consumers and independent of government and the financial industry.
At FSCS we recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution and actively support personal and professional development. Our people make a difference to other people’s lives and we like to recognise their impact through social events, team lunches and away days, fund raising activities and giving back events.
We are committed to ensuring that there are no barriers when applying for our roles. All our roles are offered with flexibility in mind plus we are keen to make any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fulfil the role. We offer all roles as either part time or full time with the added benefit of flexible working. We practice award winning diversity and inclusion and enhance both maternity and paternity leave plus recognise the wider needs of employees with disabilities and other groups such as carers and older workers.
FSCS is non-profit and independent and a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference to people’s lives.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do at FSCS. Our values are designed to ensure that all staff can affect the impact on our customers:
- We always do what we say we will do. People can trust us to deliver.
- We put FSCS and what FSCS is trying to achieve above all else.
- We have the humility to acknowledge when we are wrong and learn from our mistakes.
- We encourage constructive and appropriate challenge.
- We are brave and honest in questioning each other and receptive to questions ourselves.
- We strive daily to add greater value for all our customers.
- We believe in our collective strength. We work better together.
- We respect each other’s expertise and use it to achieve common goals.
- We work as one to do what we agree is right
What the role will deliver
- Work with the agile team to ensure user stories are clearly defined and agreed.
- Deliver (design, build and test) product features in support of the business raised change requests and user stories.
- Participate in sprint planning sessions to define which items will be part of a sprint and determine the necessary tasks to implement them.
- Ensure development meets quality standards and provides an excellent customer experience. Complete peer code reviews.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the agile process within the team.
What you need to know
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- HTML (required)
- CSS (required)
- Bootstrap (required)
- GIT (required)
- Agile methodology (required)
- Responsive Design – Mobile First (required)
- SASS (desirable)
- Webpack (desirable)
- EPiServer (desirable)
- Microsoft .NET using C# (desirable)
- ASP .NET MVC (desirable)
- Microsoft SQL Server (desirable)
- Web Services Integration (desirable)
- Entity Framework (desirable)
- XML, XPath and XSLT (desirable)
- Team Foundation Server (desirable)
- Ability to work on your own initiative whilst at the same time adhering to IT policies and procedures
- Excellent customer facing skills, with a professional and helpful manner
- Willingness to record, capture and document all tasks and projects without exception through the appropriate IT process/procedure
- Good organisation skills with a logical, analytical approach to solving IT problems and the ability to prioritise work to meet demands and deadlines
- Proven experience developing and implementing web-based and cross-platform solutions including public facing websites
- Full software development lifecycle experience using agile approaches
- Experience of structured testing and quality assurance approaches.
- Strong analytical skills and a structured approach to decision-making