We are seeking an Operations Manager to manage, motivate and develop an Operational team to meet and exceed business objectives and targets. The role holder will need to ensure the team deliver an outstanding ‘Customer Experience’ and meet and exceed customer satisfaction targets through delivering operational excellence at all Customer touch points, high employee engagement and continuous service improvement . They will work closely with our Partner to assist them in achieving their goals at all times. Over time the role may encompass either technical claims or complaints management.
Who we are
At FSCS we keep people’s lives moving by protecting them when authorised financial services firms fail. We are the single, independent UK compensation scheme for all regulated financial services, the first of its kind in the world. The Scheme protects deposits in banks, building societies and credit unions as well as insurance policies, investment advice and services and home finance. We are non-profit and independent and a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference to people's lives.
At FSCS we recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution and actively support personal and professional development. Our people make a difference to other people’s lives and we like to recognise their impact through social events, team lunches and away days, fund raising activities and giving back events.
We are committed to ensuring that everybody feels there are no barriers when applying for our roles. All our roles are offered with flexibility in mind plus we are keen to make any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fulfil the requirements of the role. We offer all roles as either full or part time with the added benefit of flexible working including variable start and end times, compressed hours and remote working.
We have a generous benefits package offering a competitive salary, 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, pension, discretionary bonus, enhanced maternity and shared parental pay and leave, health and dental insurance and more. We are based in the City of London in corporate offices with excellent access to major transport links.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do at FSCS. Our values are designed to ensure that all staff are able to affect the impact on our customers:
- We always do what we say we will do. People can trust us to deliver.
- We put FSCS and what FSCS is trying to achieve above all else.
- We have the humility to acknowledge when we are wrong and learn from our mistakes.
- We encourage constructive and appropriate challenge.
- We are brave and honest in questioning each other and receptive to questions ourselves.
- We strive daily to add greater value for all our customers.
- We believe in our collective strength. We work better together.
- We respect each other’s expertise and use it to achieve common goals.
- We work as one to do what we agree is right.
My Priorities – what I will deliver
- Deliver targeted results from an Operational team, covering People, Customer, Business and Financial metrics
- Ensure risk and compliance measures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the continuous identification and implementation of operational best practice through interaction with the wider team.
- Identify further opportunities for services and process improvements and lead the implementation demonstrating achievement of results.
- Analyse data on performance and use to motivate and develop team and identify and remedy operational issues,
- Prepare reports to senior management highlighting opportunities, issues and recommendations
- Manage and develop operational relationships by conducting review meetings and creating strong liaison with the Partner and the wider Service Management Team.
- Lead an Operations team, optimising the development of the team
- Develop a communication and engagement model to ensure team are informed and understand their contribution to the business
- Motivate and effectively performance manage team to ensure delivery of overall targets and business plan.
- Support the Technical Claims Manager in ensuring that customer experience and service is delivered consistently across all product types.
- Support the Technical Claims Manager in maintaining Claims Policies and ensuring claims are delivered in line with these policies.
- Ensure risk and controls are managed effectively across all products, control testing is effective and remediation actions implemented to agreed deadlines.
- Manage thematic cases to ensure minimum delays and best possible outcomes.
- Maintain Complaints procedure and ensure adherence in handling complaints.
- Work closely with Partner in resolving post decision enquiries and appeals.
- Liaise with other areas to deliver a fair and independent outcome for the Customer.
- Responsible for the reduction of complaint volumes through issue management and Root Cause Analysis
The role holder must be willing to work both in London and at our partner sites across the UK.
My Knowledge – what I need to know
- Experience of successfully managing an operational team.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, working to tight deadlines.
- Commercially astute and effective stakeholder management.
- Leadership skills and management experience.
- Working knowledge of FSCS’ rules, policies and processes.
- Experience in preparing reports highlighting options and recommendations.
- Strong relationship & stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proactive, high levels of initiative and the confidence to act.
- Experience of working in an Outsourcing or contact centre operation.
- Strong commercial and budgetary understanding.