Organisational Resilience Specialist
To work in partnership with all areas of FSCS to enable the delivery of the Organisational Resilience programme. This includes contribution to the development of the overall resilience plan, the testing and exercising of our plans, responding to incidents and providing support to the incident management process and engaging with key third parties to monitor environments to ensure that FSCS is well positioned to respond in a timely and effective manner to any disruption. Where necessary, to deputise for the Organisational Resilience Lead.
Who we are
At FSCS we keep people’s lives moving by protecting them when authorised financial services firms fail. We are the single, independent UK compensation scheme for all regulated financial services, the first of its kind in the world. The Scheme protects deposits in banks, building societies and credit unions as well as insurance policies, investment advice and services and home finance. We are non-profit and independent and a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference to people's lives.
At FSCS we recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution and actively support personal and professional development. Our people make a difference to other people’s lives and we like to recognise their impact through social events, team lunches and away days, fund raising activities and giving back events.
We are committed to ensuring that everybody feels there are no barriers when applying for our roles. All our roles are offered with flexibility in mind plus we are keen to make any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fulfil the role. We offer all roles as either part time or full time with the added benefit of flexible working.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do at FSCS. Our values are designed to ensure that all staff are able to affect the impact on our customers:
· We always do what we say we will do. People can trust us to deliver.
· We put FSCS and what FSCS is trying to achieve above all else.
· We have the humility to acknowledge when we are wrong and learn from our mistakes.
· We encourage constructive and appropriate challenge.
· We are brave and honest in questioning each other and receptive to questions ourselves.
· We strive daily to add greater value for all our customers.
· We believe in our collective strength. We work better together.
· We respect each other’s expertise and use it to achieve common goals.
· We work as one to do what we agree is right.
What the role will deliver
Resilience & Security
- Accountable for the tactical design and delivery of the Business Impact Analysis and Disaster Recovery Plan estate in-line with the Resilience Framework.
- Accountable for the secretariat functions of the Readiness Enhancements Group and Readiness Working Group, including development of measures and metrics and associated outputs.
- Accountable for the routine maintenance of the Automated Notification Tool, including development and utilisation.
- Accountable for the repository of the Business Impact Analysis, Disaster Recovery Plan and Business Contingency Plan estate, including adherence to format and structure across the FSCS including version control
- Responsible for the active management of the FSCS Security Awareness & Delivery Programme.
- Responsible for the identification and development of management information in relation to security events across the FSCS estate.
Testing & Exercising
- Develops, executes and reports on testing and exercising engagements at the team level.
- Provides support for the development, execution and reporting on large-scale testing and exercising engagements, both internally and externally.
- Supports business teams in planning, executing and reporting on locally led testing and exercising engagements.
- Provides support to the Incident Management and Crisis Management Teams during activations.
- Contributes to the delivery of post-incident Reports.
- Responds to event notifications from the City of London Police and other external parties as required.
Horizon Scanning / External Engagement
- Represent the Scheme at engagement meetings as required.
- Engage with relevant third-parties to explore and better understand the challenges that exist and likely future developments that might impact the FSCS
- Remain up-to-date with relevant Business Continuity and Security topics.
- Operational management of the WAR site.
What we are looking for
- Ideally accredited to CBCI level or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding or have experience of the business continuity management methodology.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding or have experience of physical and travel security.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the regulatory environment that FSCS operates in.
- Experience in the application of the BCM lifecycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including persuasion
We have a generous benefits package offering a competitive salary, 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, pension, discretionary bonus, enhanced maternity and shared parental pay and leave, health and dental insurance and more. We are based in the City of London in corporate offices with excellent access to major transport links.