We are looking for a highly experienced and skilled individual to join FSCS to assist the 1st Line of Defence (1LOD) Risk Manager with evolving the risk framework by reviewing processes and identifying key risks and relevant related controls across Operations, Technology and Operational Partnerships (COO). Assist with 1LOD Governance including Overpayments, Risk Reporting, Issue Management and related escalation. Perform control testing of key controls and identify and agree remedial actions.
FSCS is a long-established organisation with an enviable reputation for quality and success. We protect consumers when financial services firms fail. It’s the compensation scheme for customers of UK authorised financial services firms. Since 2001 we’ve helped millions of people and paid out billions of pounds. It’s completely free to consumers and independent of government and the financial industry.
At FSCS we recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution and actively support personal and professional development. Our people make a difference to other people’s lives and we like to recognise their impact through social events, team lunches and away days, fund raising activities and giving back events.
We are committed to ensuring that there are no barriers when applying for our roles. All our roles are offered with flexibility in mind plus we are keen to make any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fulfil the role. We offer all roles as either part time or full time with the added benefit of flexible working. We practice award winning diversity and inclusion and enhance both maternity and paternity leave plus recognise the wider needs of employees with disabilities and other groups such as carers and older workers.
FSCS is non-profit and independent and a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference to people’s lives.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do at FSCS. Our values are designed to ensure that all staff can affect the impact on our customers:
- We always do what we say we will do. People can trust us to deliver.
- We put FSCS and what FSCS is trying to achieve above all else.
- We have the humility to acknowledge when we are wrong and learn from our mistakes.
- We encourage constructive and appropriate challenge.
- We are brave and honest in questioning each other and receptive to questions ourselves.
- We strive daily to add greater value for all our customers.
- We believe in our collective strength. We work better together.
- We respect each other’s expertise and use it to achieve common goals.
- We work as one to do what we agree is right
What the role will deliver
- COO Risk Framework enhancements
- COO Risk & Controls mapped to Scheme approved Risk Tolerances
- COO 1LOD Risk Governance
- COO Controls Assurance Programme
- COO Third Party Assurance Programme
- COO Risk and Control Reporting
- COO Remediation Process
- Enhanced Risk Management culture across the COO function
COO Risk Framework
What I Need to Know
- Evidence of appropriate training and development in the field of Risk Management
- Awareness and understanding of key Risk Principles (ISO 27001, COBIT, 10 steps to Cyber Security etc)
- Experience of defining and implementing business risk management processes
- Experience of operational risk analysis with and/or a planning, operational analysis or project development
- Experience of risk management or internal audit
- Experience of managing conflicting demands and challenging stakeholders
- Ability to research, evidence and recommend process improvements
- Good presentational and communications skills; oral, written, report writing
We have a generous benefits package offering a competitive salary, 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, contributory pension, discretionary bonus, 20 weeks fully paid maternity and paternity leave, health and dental insurance and more. We are based in the City of London in corporate offices with excellent access to major transport links.