At FSCS, we are looking to recruit a Web Test Lead. This role is responsible for test planning, execution and reporting to ensure the delivery of high quality web-based business applications following industry best practice. This will include the delivery of two customer facing Microsoft.NET-based web portals and an EPiServer-based internet site.
The role holder will be required to work closely with our suppliers and partners delivering solutions to meet the business needs. The ideal candidate will therefore require strong communication , planning and co-ordination skills.
FSCS is a long-established organisation with an enviable reputation for quality and success. We protect consumers when financial services firms fail. It’s the compensation scheme for customers of UK authorised financial services firms. Since 2001 we’ve helped millions of people and paid out billions of pounds. It’s completely free to consumers and independent of government and the financial industry.
At FSCS we recognise and reward people’s hard work and contribution and actively support personal and professional development. Our people make a difference to other people’s lives and we like to recognise their impact through social events, team lunches and away days, fund raising activities and giving back events.
We are committed to ensuring that there are no barriers when applying for our roles. All our roles are offered with flexibility in mind plus we are keen to make any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fulfil the role. We offer all roles as either part time or full time with the added benefit of flexible working. We practice award winning diversity and inclusion and enhance both maternity and paternity leave plus recognise the wider needs of employees with disabilities and other groups such as carers and older workers.
FSCS is non-profit and independent and a great place to work if you enjoy making a difference to people’s lives.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do at FSCS. Our values are designed to ensure that all staff can affect the impact on our customers:
- We always do what we say we will do. People can trust us to deliver.
- We put FSCS and what FSCS is trying to achieve above all else.
- We have the humility to acknowledge when we are wrong and learn from our mistakes.
- We encourage constructive and appropriate challenge.
- We are brave and honest in questioning each other and receptive to questions ourselves.
- We strive daily to add greater value for all our customers.
- We believe in our collective strength. We work better together.
- We respect each other’s expertise and use it to achieve common goals.
- We work as one to do what we agree is right
What the role will deliver
- Understand business requirements and processes to define test plans.
- Continuous review of scope and testability of all requirements.
- Provide test estimates and approach to Product Managers.
- Identify and documenting Risk, Issues, Assumptions and Dependencies in test phase.
- Define and execute test cases. Capture test results, defects and defect priority.
- Work with business resources and co-ordinate creation of UAT test scenarios and scripts.
- Embed best practices and quality improvements. Including Test Automation.
- Establish and embed performance metrics.
- Responsibility for all test phases. Including 3rd party test activities.
What you need to know
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- ISEB/ISTQB Software Testing accredited or equivalent.
- Experience of using test management tools (e.g. HP Quality Centre (ALM), Team Foundation Server, Jira)
- Browser Compatibility test tools (e.g. BrowserStack)
- Manual and test automation experience of web portal technologies (e.g. Selenium, SpecFlow).
- Experience of MS Office, MS Project and Visio.
- SDLC methodology.
- Testing in an Agile (SCRUM) environment.
- Experience of analysing web experience and technology issues (desirable).
- EPiServer Content Management System (desirable).
- Experience of xml and service orientated protocols (desirable).
- Visual Studio 2017 or higher (desirable).
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to demonstrate proven track record in leading web-based applications testing, including mobile devices.
- Willingness to record, capture and document all tasks and projects without exception through the appropriate IT process/procedure.
- Good organisation skills with a logical, analytical approach to solving IT problems and the ability to prioritise work to meet demands and deadlines of both IT support and IT development.
- A self-starter who can adapt and respond effectively to changing requirements and priorities.
- Capable of analysing complex requirements and design specifications and corresponding test cases to prove specifications.
- Excellent attention to detail with verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate experience of Leading Test Teams in an agile environment using SCRUM to deliver web-based applications.
- Substantial experience of writing detailed, structured test scripts using best practice design principles.
- Full software development lifecycle experience using structured and agile approaches.
- Excellent understanding of testing methodology and analytical skills to ensure full understanding of potential defects.
- Test automation framework and tools delivery.